Sunday, December 13, 2009

Union Bar and Grill

The Union Bar & Grill, located on Washington Street in Boston's south end, is an upscale brunch spot in a land of brunch spots. The decor is classy and the staff is dressed accordingly. The space is large and the table layout optimizes the space.
We all got drinks that were good. H got a pimossa which is a mimosa made with pomergranite juice. It was very good. I got the wake up call which is an odd concoction of liquors, esspreso, and juices. When it came out I was taken aback because I thought it was a coffee drink, but it is a martini with a rusty orange color. Once the surprise wore off, I enjoyed the drink.
For food H got the cod cakes. The cod cakes are a twist on eggs benedict where the English muffin and Canadian bacon is replaced by lightly breaded cod cakes. H found them interesting and tastey. I got an omlette instead of my usual steak and eggs. I immediately regretted the decision, but not because the omlette was bad. I just don't like omlettes much. Fortunately, this omlette was very good and made my bad choice bearable.
The prices were in the high range, but the Union earns them. The entire experience was high class.

No comments:

Post a Comment