Monday, December 28, 2009

Kung Fu Panda

Kung Fu Panda is not my favorite Dreamworks release. In fact, it is one of my least favorite. The animation is fine. The story is fine, if a little predictable. The characters are fine. That's it - just fine.
The one thing I did really like about the movie was the message: There is no secret ingredient. Things are special because people believe they are special. I know this message is supposed to teach kids that they can be what ever they want to be and help bolster their self-esteem, but that I like the message because it reminds people not to take things so seriously. Most "special" things are only special because we endow them with "specialness."
There are something that are special because they posses rare qualities, but those things are few and far between.
Kung Fu Panda is not one of those things. It is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment