Saturday, March 12, 2016

Seven Deadly Sins

The Seven Deadly Sins is a crazy anime series being distributed by Netflix. I stumbled into it while suffering from Dardevil withdrawal and waiting for Jessica Jones.
It is supposedly a very popular manga series and in Japan there is already a second season aired. Many people consider it good. I'm on the fence about saying it is good.
I think it is interesting enough to keep watching. The plot is pretty standard: princess seeks out supposed outlaws to save the kingdom from overly sanctimonious men. The characters are also pretty stock. The good man with a dark and dangerous secret. The pure girl who doesn't know her own strength.
What makes it weird is that it is very sexualized. There are a lot of dirty jokes and borderline R rated material. It is not a kids cartoon.
While I didn't find the Seven Deadly Sins a must watch, I will likely watch the second series if it is on Netflix and I am in between good shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment