Monday, December 1, 2014

Lego Movie

Verizon is giving us a free three months of HBO and we took advantage of HBO on-demand to watch The Lego Movie.
I had high expectations for The Lego Movie. The good doctors of Wittertainment gave it stellar reviews. In fact the flappy handed one sang the song for weeks. The glowing reviews, and my undying love for legos, either made me predisposed to love the movie or set me up for crushing disappointment.
As the song says “everything is awesome”. I loved the movie. Visually it was incredible. The story was sweet and had its tounge far enough in its cheek to become schmaltzy. It is a rare gem that can be sweet and ironic at the same time. The Lego Movie pulled it off.
The ending was also perfectly balanced. It was sweet and poked fun at the franchise nature of big movies.
I am going to watch it again if a get a chance. I think I’m going to see if Bug will watch it with me. I think she’ll get a hoot out of it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment