Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Romero's The Crazies

I was intrigued by the Crazies idea. I am a big zombie and government conspiracy fan. However, I decided that instead of watching the new remake, I'd watch the Romero original. The originals are always better than modern remakes. Right? Most remakes of class in horror movies usually take one of two tacks: add gore or soften it up for the PG-13. They also typically dumb the material down.
I think I made a good choice. The Romero version was light on gore, but high on tension. The acting was terrible, but the story was well paced. It was interesting to see where all of the zombie movie conventions originate. They are all here in their rawest form.
I enjoyed the Crazies too much to go back and see the new one for fear it would ruin the old one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment