Thursday, October 7, 2010

TV Box Interfaces

I just got done reading a description of the new Logitec Revue. It sounds impressive. It definitely out does the competition in terms of features and for triple the price it should.
The thing I'm intrigued by is the remote which includes a full on keyboard. The keyboard will make typing in searches easier than the onscreen keyboards used on most TV boxes now. But do I want to use a keyboard to interact with my TV? My gut says no.
What I really think would be interesting is a TV box that let me use my phone or tablet control things. I'm picturing a scenario where the search for content entirely on my remote while the big screen continues to show the real content. When I find the show I want to watch I can then switch the big screen. Browse on the tablet and watch on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment